DISTRICT HEATING - Zona Franca - Barcelona

The Barcelona Zona Franca, and more precisely the Poligon Industrial, is a logistics area undergoing extensive redevelopment further to the closure of a SEAT factory. Located between Barcelona port and the airport, it offers excellent industrial potential and extensive development possibilities.
Dalkia Contracting, a subsidiary of Dalkia Spain, is currently building on this site a 3 mio MWh to supply, through the operator Ecoenergies Barcelona, hot, cold and glycolated water to companies set up in the area and to the nearby exhibition centre. To build the distribution network, Dalkia selected our Spanish subsidiary INPAL Energía and COPISA, a renowned Catalan construction company.
The UTE INPAL/COPISA is responsible for the supply and installation of 80% of the network, which is more than 7 km long. On the remaining 20%, outside the plant, the group is also responsible for the earthworks with trenches up to 4.50 m deep.

Technical characteristics

  • Operating conditions:
    Chilled water: 12 °C – 5 °C - max. 6 bar
    Hot water: 90 °C – 70 °C - max. 6 bar
  • Supply: PU130- ND 50 to 800 - in 6 m and 12 m lengths.
  • Main pipe : Welded black steel tube, length according to EN 10217.
  • Insulation: Polyurethane foam – Lambda < 0.027 W/(m x K).
  • Outer casing: High-density polyethylene.
  • Supply of a Nordic humidity detection system

See other references